Sunday morning worship is central to our life together as a church family. We welcome everyone to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, creed, heritage, or sexual orientation. We are all God’s children.
- We hold two services every Sunday morning, at 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. (During the summer months, July & August, we hold only one Sunday morning service, at 9:00 a.m.)
- The 8:00 a.m. service is a small, intimate service centering on the sermon and Holy Communion. Holy Communion is celebrated every week, and all are invited to receive Communion.
- Sunday School takes place from 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. During this time an adult discussion group also meets to discuss topics relevant to modern Christian living.
- The 10:00 a.m. service – our traditional service – includes the Chancel Choir, an organist, the singing of hymns and praise, readings from the Old and New Testaments, and a sermon to deepen our understanding of God’s word and show how we can put our faith into action. Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month. This service is a full hour.
- Families are encouraged to worship together at the 10:00 a.m. service. During this service, children ages 3 – 10 are invited to come to the front of the church to hear the Children’s Sermon – a brief message from the pastor geared toward the little ones. Afterwards, the children have the option of going to Children’s Church in one of the classrooms, or staying with their parents for the remainder of the service. Children’s Church is supervised by a different adult volunteer each week and includes a bible lesson and activities.
- We have a nursery staffed by a certified child care professional. During the 10:00 a.m. service, infants and toddlers up to age 3 may be stay in the nursery, allowing mom and dad to attend the service unencumbered and with the full assurance that their child is being well cared for.
- After the 10:00 a.m. service, coffee and refreshments are served downstairs in the Friendship Hall and all are welcome to stay for some time of fellowship and refreshment.
- We have two elevators in the church, making all levels of the church wheelchair accessible. There is also space in the sanctuary designated for wheelchairs.
- Special Services during the church year include Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, Blue Christmas, and Christmas Eve.
If you have questions about our Sunday Morning Worship, please feel free to Contact Us.